What is Cremation?
Many families are under the misconception that they cannot hold a meaningful service with a cremation. This is completely untrue. At Jowett Funeral Home we help you arrange any type service you desire to be held before or after the cremation. Cremation does not limit your options—in fact, it often opens the door to many unique service and memorialization opportunities.
Here are just a few memorialization options for cremation:
- Outdoor Niches - The cremated remains of your loved ones may be safely held in one of our many above ground columbarium niches.
- Scattering – Your loved one’s remains may be scattered freely within a dedicated, natural environment. There are also certain services which offer scattering among the sea or the stars.
- Traditional Burial – In ground burial on a family plot – Urns may be buried at the head or foot of a grave site.
Personalized Memorialization – Inscribe your family member’s name and a special saying on a tree plaque, park bench or other special memorial. We also have custom, unique urns and keepsakes, perfect for displaying inside your home. We service St. Clair, Macomb, Wayne, Oakland, Lapeer and Sanilac Counties.
Simple Cremation Includes:
- Professional services of the Funeral Director and staff
- Transfer of remains to the funeral home and transportation to the crematory
- Care of remains
- Cremation casket including sales tax
- Return the cremains to the family.
- Cremation Fee
Does not include: ceremony, viewing or visiting, death certificates, medical examiner fee, urn or cremains container. Additional transportation charges may apply.